Blog 5

I have really enjoyed this week and experienced a lot, it’s almost too much to take in. The biggest thing that happened was definitely the NY trip. I really loved it because I felt like we got to see the whole city in our 5 short days. I mentioned to the other interns that I actually preferred NY over D.C The city just has a totally different feel, you can always get this sense that something is happening. D.C just feels like a place people go to work, NY felt like a place where people actually live. I’ve always glamorized NY as this bustling place brimming with life and opportunity ever since I was young, so to actually visit NYC was kind of unreal for me. Not to sound too cheesy but definitively would describe it as a dream finally come true. Also the seminars, aka the whole reason we wherever in the first place, were really amazing as well. Candice who lead the seminars was really cool and insightful, and the speakers we heard and activities we participated in really gave me a knew perspective on few things. The topics we discussed included the history of the UN & UMW building, the struggles of immigrating to a knew country, recognizing our own privilege, and realizing the many things that us actually interns have in common. I appreciated all that we learned and felt so honored to hear the stories from those around me brave enough to share them. It’s also a bittersweet feeling having to comeback to. Because while it is work, it’s starting to set in that I only have 2 weeks left, so I’m trying to make the most of it.

Sydney G. A

Comments

Popular Posts