Blog 6

So the weeks are winding down and I can't believe it, it feels like I just got here last week. that being said it's amazing to me the amount of things I've done and places I've gone in 7 short weeks. It's also really starting to hit me that I only have a couple more days of work left. I guess I'm just feeling uneasy because it feels like I've just started to settle in here; in D.C, in the office, and as a GBCS intern, and soon I'll be leaving. I've started to wonder if this is what study abroad will feel like, and if I could handle this again. Anyways we've recently went on our Baltimore trip, and I have to admit that while I love my home church, Lovely Lanes UMC is probably one of the coolest and most interesting churches I've ever been to. My favorite part was how the dome on top of the church had a replica painting of the exact alignments of the solar system on the day the church was commissioned to be built, and even consulted astronomers for it. It was also nice to just go on a simple trip with the group, the diner we went to was interesting as well, overall everyone was very relaxed and it felt like we were just hanging out which is something I love. I would say that these past weeks have been surprising, challenging, interesting, and just plain crazy. Time has flown, and although I'm not the biggest fan of D.C, it's strange it admit that I actually will miss the city. I do admit that i'm feeling kind of hectic; my classes are winding down as well and I have a lot of final assignments due soon. And of course, cause i'm such a genius, I forgot my laptop charger in NYC. So completing multiple essays and power point assignments on an ipad was not how I expected to finish up the semester, but I think I can handle it.

Comments

Popular Posts