Blog 7

This week felt really long and fast at the same time. The beginning of the week was not great and I was not feeling good. Wednesday night bible study was really helpful since we talked about what is the right amount to give, how sometimes what we can give it is not what the person needs, and how if you don’t prioritize self-care you are not going to be able to give back. So, I stopped stressing about what was bothering me at the beginning of the week, because I have done all that I can, and the rest was not up to me. I also realized this summer it has been the time that I have to prioritize myself for the first time. I am always doing so much, having so much in my platter, and putting everyone else before me that I forget to take care of myself. However, through this summer, writing these journals have helped me to take care of myself. It showed me how much I was learning about myself and issues that I care, and even realized where I was emotionally in different topics. 
    This week my intern project happened too: Democracy Champions Training: interns edition. My partner and I have been working on these for so long that we were super excited and nervous about it. We have not attended the training we were organizing, so we did not what to expect. Besides, this is the first time the training has been targeted to such young people, so we also did not know how the audience and even the trainers were going to react. And guess what? It was a success! We had the right amount of people show up, the interns were participating, and we heard good comments about it at the end. I still have not talked to my boss and the other employees about it, since the training was on Thursday and I do not go to Democracy Initiative on Fridays. I am really proud to have been able to organize such an event, and I am hopeful it will become an annual thing. 
    But overall, what has been the high light of my week was at church. First of all, it felt like the church back home in Kansas, small, mostly elderly people, community oriented, and the process was alike. It felt refreshing to be in such environment, plus God gave me a big surprise. Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to do after December when I finish school, should I keep studying immediately? Go to grad school? What am I going to study? Should I work? Where should I work? Should I go to Mexico? I have been asking God to give me some direction because I am lost. At the end of the service, an old man approached us and asked which of us was from Mexico. He told me about an organization he is part of and gave me his contact information. I have been reading about it and it sounds pretty much like what I want to do, of course, I still have a lot of questions, but finally, I feel like again I have some direction. I am still going to travel to Mexico City and Puebla after this internship, and I am still letting God guide my next steps, but finally, I have a sense of hope about my future. The fact that I was not expecting this opportunity, show me that God is with me and that even though I felt like he has been silent, He will continue to show me the way his way. 

Raquel Resendiz
Jounal 7

Comments

Popular Posts