ViaFaith McCullough 2020 EYA Intern- "Trust in Me" June 21, 2020

This first week of my EYA Internship has been impactful. It has challenged me areas I never knew I needed strengthened. One of those areas being my faith in God. The news for the past couple of weeks has been exhausting. It angers me to see the continuous abuse and disregard for the Black community. These past weeks of protest only echo the long standing struggle for the liberation of Black people in America. At times, I lost hope. Through it all, I heard God urging me to trust his plan. My placement at RESULTS has shown me that there are organizations that are working to bring racial equity and justice. God has shown me he is on the move. That he hears the cries of his people, and is actively working through his creation to pursue peace and love.

Comments

  1. It in faith that so many are crying out, demanding action and calling for change. May God's people continue to be that change
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share how RESULTS is working towards racial equity and justice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is late, but the way RESULTS is working toward racial equity and justice is through their lobbying for policy that expands access to affordable housing and tax credit opportunities to build wealth. Black and Latin X workers make up the major of renters. In the U.S. housing is vital to the creation of economic stability, opportunity, and social mobility. Supporting the expansion of affordable housing for renters and homeowners is a key step in helping communities of color build wealth. While these while this is a great step toward housing equity, there is more work to be done specific to building racial equity is to the communities of color that have suffered from racial discrimination and lack of access to resources in the housing market.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts