Alexander Sankey Last Blog

As our internship closes to an end today, it is very sad to know that this could be our last time ever sharing an experience together. We all know that things must come to an end sometime, this is a sad truth, but we cannot let the ending overcome us. We all have learned and have grown from this internship, we have learned many things that will stick with us for many years to come. The experience and the work was phenomenal. Although it is sad that the internship is coming to an end, I am glad for the time that it was here. We shared many laughs and good times, I just wish we could have met in DC because I believe that would have been a great addition for our experience. However I am thankful for the zoom meetings because they provided a comfort that I would have had to adjust to in a big city like DC. I thank everyone who put together this internship and for coordinating the zoom meetings so we could grow in faith and learn to speak against injustices that we see. COVID-19 has surely been a test to many of us, but we were able to find light in a dark room. I ask that God carries on my fellow interns, the chaplain, our programming leader, and the employees at our internship placement and I ask that God further advances their work to create change in a world that is slipping through our grasp. I know that from now on, I will work harder to advocating to those in need and those who cannot speak for themselves. The sky is the limit, all we need to do is trust in God and have the strength to fulfill our dreams and to not let anyone stand in our way. I ask that God blesses whoever is reading this and I ask that the reader accepts the good vibes that this internship has given me.

Blessings,
Alexander.

Comments

Popular Posts