Ashley - Blog July 26 2020

As we move forward into the last week of this internship, I have found myself thinking about where to
move on from here. To be completely honest I had not expected to have an internship at all this
summer. With the impact of COVID-19, most of my friends had lost their internship placements and I
did not expect to receive one. But, God in all of her Glory provided for me and gave me this
internship. 


These past two months, I feel as if I have been working steadily on my work and been exploring my
relationship with God. However, now is the time to consider where that relationship will go now that I
am losing the structure and community that this internship has provided. I know that I will come to
miss Viafaiths, Alex, Emma, and Katie’s comments and guidance through Bible passages and my
own faith questions. 


Perhaps one of the greatest things I have learned this summer is the power of self study. COVID has
forced us all inside and away from others. While we are able to create a community online, one that I
am extremely grateful for, it is also up to me to continue my faith study from this point onwards. I
have not had any success finding a faith community here in Toronto but now understand that I do not
necessarily need to rely on a community. I have the faith in myself to practice by myself and to not
be afraid of studying because I am simply alone. 


Hopefully, I can learn and grow from these lessons I have been taught throughout this internship.
Thank you all for helping me.

Comments

  1. Ashley, it has been a joy to see this group unpack scripture, share their personal insights and experiences and ask questions. I am glad you were able to grow from the structure and community. I am also glad that you are thinking about who to continue growing in your faith personally.

    Are there any particular elements of faith you want to explore? Are there any online communities you might be interested in joining?

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts