Emma Rankin Last Post

It is hard to believe that today is the last day for the EYA internship. I did not know what to expect when I became the chaplain for this summer. I have worked in ministry before so I had an idea of what it would be like but the people you work with can make the experience different. I am sad that I was not able to meet the EYA interns in person but I am glad that I had this time with them. We have formed a community in which was respected and cared for each other in the best ways possible. They have all shared parts of themselves through their stories and ideas and I am grateful for our time together.

I hope that what I have learned this summer can help me in forming my ministry as I get older. I know that God has called each of us to care for people and creation. I also know that care will look different for everyone. I hope that I can continue to be guided and formed into a more Christ-like individual that does her best to love my neighbor as myself. 

Thanks to Katie for being apart of this journey for the EYA interns and myself. Her leadership has been meaning full throughout this summer. I pray that God will continue to guide each of us on our path.

Comments

Popular Posts