Quincy Johnson, Blog 1, 6/20/21

This is the first blog post and I have to say I am excited to talk about what I have uncovered from the beginning of the EYA internship. I never thought I would be in this position to be part of God's plan and take part in such endeavors. At the beginning of the internship, I have felt uncomfortable and nervous, but those feelings are slowly starting to fade. I think things will get better as I journey further into the internship.

My placement site is with the National Religious Partnership for the Environment (NRPE), in which the organization works on the environmental health in relationship to creation care and faithful stewardship. The organization brings together a diverse alliance of faith institutions and leaders in order to bring voice and action on behalf of caring for God's Creation. On the first day of meeting with my placement site, I had no idea what to expect or what things were coming my way. As time went on, I was able to build a relationship with the people of the NRPE and I am very appreciative for their longing support in me. I worked on things from simply writing blog posts and op-eds for their website to researching big projects and backgrounders on the wilderness area in Michigan.

Although this blog post is quite short, I do hope to add more and more to my experience as I move forward with this internship.

Comments

  1. I am glad to hear you are excited to be placed at NRPE and that you feel supported there, I pray you continue to feel the Spirit opening you up to share and unpack what you are experiencing. Trust your gifts and keep asking questions to engage the work.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have entered into this experience with openness and honesty. I think you said it best as you put the anticipation on "adding more". I am looking forward to walking with you as you "add more" and grow into this position.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts