Quincy Johnson, Blog 2, 6/27/21

As I continue my journey through this internship, everything seems to be going well so far. Everyday looks to be step farther into God's plan for me. I am getting more comfortable with speaking about how I feel about the things we talk about during discussions and the readings are starting to make a lot more sense to me than prior. 

My placement with the NRPE has actually been exciting. I am doing a lot of work and attending many meeting on environmental health and its impact on our health, I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the work. For their blogs and op-eds, I am able express myself and expand my mind for each topic that I talk about and the researching aspect is quite interesting to me. NRPE also let give updates to their website and social media, which I found ironic since I'm only 20 years old and know little about each. Overall, I really enjoy the organization and their push for environmental health and creating a planet we can thrive on for many years to come. 

I have been feeling a bit of fatigue, but I am not exactly sure the cause of it. I do pray I can overcome this state and continue this path at full speed. There's still more days to come with this internship and I am goin to make sure I give my full commitment with the NRPE and with this program.

Comments

  1. Hi Quincy,

    It is great that you are feeling more comfortable and feel God guiding your understanding and work. Hold on to that feeling and remember it when you're feeling less motivated. It is also a joy to see you are open to and like the mission of NRPE. How does their mission connect to your hopes to be a medical doctor?

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been such a pleasure seeing you grow more comfortable and engaged with the material. You bring such a valuable and needed perspective to our conversations. I hope the research you are doing continues to connect with your passion and draw you in. I will be praying for you fatigue as I know that can be disheartening especially in the midst of the work at hand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts