Quincy Johnson, Blog 5, 7/18/21

This week for me not too bad, but it could be better. My computer was acting up for some odd reason and I wasn't able to send emails from it. I'm hoping these problems do get resolved this pretty soon. On the bright side, I did not let that stop me from having a good week in the internship and with the NRPE.

Along with the usual things I do with the NRPE, they also had me do some sort of media research project. This project wasn't anything I couldn't handle, in which I had to compile different articles either on "land back" or Doctrine of Discovery. Land back is where land, public or private, is given back to indigenous communities. Since I learned a lot about the indigenous community from this internship and my peers, I felt that this would be the best time to put my new knowledge to good use and gather these articles for this project.

It's hard to believe that this is the second to last week in this internship and this time next month, I will be moving on campus for my junior year. I am very fortunate to have taken part of this faith-based experience for the first time and I have really learned a lot from it. I will be happy to bring this experience along with me on my lifelong journey.

Comments

  1. It is so good to see you connecting our sessions and other learned perspectives to your work at NRPE. I am excited to hear how this EYA experience continues to shape you!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are having opportunities to put new knowledge into action through your placement. You have grown so much in this short time together. Our time has really flown by but has been a delight to work and learn alongside of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts